Affordable Homes for Seniors and Singles
The Dwelly is the most durable, fully functional, energy efficient and low maintenance Accessory Dwelling in British Columbia.
- The Dwelly offers a traditional arched form combined with modern building materials and construction methods.
- The Dwelly’s organic shape nestles neatly into any existing home’s back or side yard.
Neurological Studies have demonstrated curvilinear forms have positive psychological qualities, evoking pleasant emotions and are soothing and relaxing. Recently neuro-scientists have shown this affection for curves isn’t just a matter of personal taste; it’s hard-wired into the brain. “Straight lines and sharp angles signal danger, soft curves signal safety. Curved and rounded objects evoke pleasant emotions and feelings of warmth, well-being and harmony”.
This is not new information for First Nations peoples. For 1000’s of years traditional indigenous structures always had curved shapes. Only in recent times have boxy homes and buildings with sharp corners been introduced into Communities.
Dwelltech Industries is a British Columbian owned prefabricated building manufacturer. Over the last 7 years we consulted with 43 First Nations Bands across British Columbia. While each Band expressed major issues with lack of housing and overcrowding. Each Band also told us there was a critical need of affordable housing for seniors and singles. Based on these consultations we designed The Dwelly.
The Dwelly has been designed to help with existing overcrowding and housing shortages by providing affordable detached dwellings for seniors and singles.
The Dwelly is a turn key unit starting at $68,500
- Loan Payments can be under 285.00 per month.
- $60,000 grants available from CMHC under the Residential Rehabilitation Assistance Program (RRAP) – Secondary and Garden Suites
- All structural components are corrosion and fire resistant with life spans over 300 years.
- Very low maintenance and well insulated (Floor R40, Walls R24, Roof R30) for energy efficient and thermal comfort.
- Can be installed on a concrete slab, compacted gravel, or on steel screw piles.
- Generous 11’ ceiling heights with HRU ventilation for healthy mold free interior environments.
- Built to resist high winds, torrential rains, heavy snow, earthquakes and wildfires
- Delivered to site Plug & Stay ready. Can be relocated to a new site at any time.
- Designed for British Columbia and built to exceed CAN/CSA A277 or CAN/CSA Z240 MH Standards.
Seniors and Singles will find their Dwelly extremely functional, affordable to heat, easy to maintain and generally a comfortable, safe and healthy living environment.
Be neighbours with loved ones. Add The Dwelly to your community.
Defined Living Spaces
The Dwelly is designed for spatial comfort and whilst modest in sq.ft has defined living areas. Making a Dwelly comfortable for seniors and singles and visiting friends and family.
Small cabins/tiny homes can conjure up images of coziness, togetherness and being environmentally responsible. But reality can be quite different. Bathroom odors, lack of privacy, small, uncomfortable seating and dangerous climbing ladders to get to bed in a loft are often the case. Double uses of rooms that become cumbersome having to fold away a bed or table to make room for friends or family.
With The Dwelly everything is on one level. The bathroom is located away from the kitchen and living areas. The living space and bedroom are completely separate from each other as well. The Dwelly is designed to create rooms that while compact, also feel spacious. Large windows and patio doors create openness to the outdoors and the 11’ Vaulted Arch Ceiling rounds out The Dwelly’s distinctive features.
The Dwelly is a rugged, low maintenance and energy efficient Dwelling designed for your thermal and spatial comfort. The Dwelly is built to resist high winds, torrential rains, heavy snow loads, earthquakes and even wildfires.
We would be honored to show you our Dwelly Model Homes. They are located in Maple Ridge. Please contact Archie for a showing appointment.
Be neighbours with loved ones. Add The Dwelly to your community
For more details or viewing appointment contact Archie.
or fill out the form below: